Studio Designer Account
You may have beginning balances you would like to transfer from another application.
- There are many variables that affect how you should move the balances to Studio Designer.
- A journal entry will normally be used to transfer beginning balances and all balances would be entered as part of the same journal entry.
- For detailed instructions please see our guide that will assist you with your accounting conversion to Studio Designer HERE.
- The Support Team at Studio Support can also develop a plan for your specific needs. Contact Studio Support at HERE for more details and a cost estimate.
Studio Designer utilizes double-entry accounting which means that all entries must have two sides. If you would like to only enter a cash balance, please check with your accountant about what account you should use to offset the cash account balance entry, then you can enter the balance using a Money In transaction.
The following can be used to post a beginning balance:
Step 1. Select: Accounting>Money In
Step 2. Payment Method: Receive Miscellaneous Payment
Step 3. Enter Payment:
- Received From: Your Design Firm
- Check #: BB
- Description: Beginning Balance
- Cash Account: Cash Account the balance belongs to
- Income Account: The account your accountant suggested you use to offset the entry