Changing the Cash Account on a Recorded Payment

Editing a General Ledger transaction to change/fix account.

Step 1. Open the General Ledger and look up Cash Disbursements as the Journal and locate the payment.

Step 2. Click the edit icon for the cash disbursement transaction.

Step 3. Click the edit icon once more in the new window.

Step 4. In the drop-down menu for New Account, select the cash account you wish to use and then click "Change Account now"

The recorded payment will now reflect under the new account.

Important: Changing accounts can have unexpected effects on the general ledger.  Unless you are an experienced accountant and understand how/when general ledger transactions are created, we recommend consulting your accountant or a support consultant prior to changing accounts.  Reserved accounts such as Client Deposits, Vendor Deposits, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Inventory cannot be changed.