This article provides insight into how clients will experience and navigate the Client Portal, as well as how designers can grant or revoke various client permissions to curate what the client sees.
When a new Client signs up for Client Portal, they will be prompted to fill out Account Details. This is an efficient way to store Contact and Payment Information for fast and secure payment of invoices and proposals.
Note: At this time, saved payment information is only usable by Clients whose payment method is StudioPay.
- Pencil icon: allows Client to edit First and Last Name
- Reset password: allows Client to reset and change their password
- Saved Payment Methods: securely stores the Client's Credit Card or ACH information to allow secure payment of invoices and proposals sent through Client Portal, PDFs, and interactive documents; this information is not visible to the Designer or Studio Designer employees and displays only the last four digits to the Client
- Addresses: stores one or more addresses; an address is required to save credit card information
- Phone Numbers: stores one or more phone numbers
Note: Existing Clients should update their Account Details by logging in and clicking the dropdown with their email address in the top-right corner of Client Portal, then clicking My Profile:
Upon logging in, returning clients with only a single project tied to their Client Portal login are taken to a landing page featuring their proposals. Clients who have been invited to multiple projects are routed to a tiled overview of their current projects with key information.
Tip: To quickly return to the above Projects view, click the Projects dropdown in the upper left hand corner of the Client Portal:
The side panel on the left serves as the primary navigation, allowing clients to quickly switch views between Proposals, Invoices, and Items.
Once your client is on their selected screen, they can also filter what they want to see by toggling document type, document status, or even sorting by balance.
A pin feature is available to pin clients' prioritized items or documents to the top of the page.
On the Items screen, clients can filter by room or by toggling up to seven various options to hide or display items of their choosing based on payment or client status.
The Project Summary is also immediately visible.
The Project Summary displays key information at-a-glance:
- Funds Received(*): the total funds received by the designer for this project via Money In
- Applied to Items(*): the total funds that have been applied to various items across this project
- Unapplied Funds(*): the funds that are available for use toward this project
- Approved Proposal Deposit Balance: the amount of all associated costs with the item(s) tied to this project including freight, sales tax, markup, and any Other Costs designated to the item; this figure reflects the sum of all the approved items' deposit balances
- Invoice Balance: the cumulative unpaid balance of all items that have been invoiced for this project; in most cases, this will be the remaining amount due on an item outside of the deposit amounts that have been paid
- Total Amount Due: calculated based on Approved Proposal Deposit Balance and the Invoice Balance summary totals
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) indicate that visibility can be controlled by the designer via the permissions toggles under Projects > Client Portal > (select client) > (click cog).
Tip: For a more detailed breakdown of the Project Summary financials, designers can run 2013 04 PW for Client Total Balance
From this page, clients are also able to Accept or Reject items and proposals, Like or Dislike presented items, as well as make payments.
The decisions the client makes will update the item's status within your Studio Designer account.
Impersonation mode enables you to log in as your client and navigate the Client Portal as it appears to that specific client.
Note: The client's financial information is not visible to the designer, and no actions (ex: Approve/Reject, Like/Dislike, Pay Now, etc) may be taken while using Impersonation Mode.
- Click on Projects > Client Portal
- From the list, you can locate your client's project and then click on the magnifying glass under Log In as Client
There are certain settings that you can toggle on and off that dictate the client's level of access within the Client Portal and what information they are able to view.
- Click Projects > Client Portal and locate your client's project
- Click the cog icon under Settings
- Toggle permissions On (checkmark visible) or Off (no checkmark visible) from the menu, then Save
This will launch a new menu that appears as below:
If you want your StudioPay Clients to benefit from using saved payment information but not any of the other Client Portal functionality, a condensed view of the Client Portal is available. Invite the Client to Client Portal and disable all of the above Pages toggles. This will expose only the My Profile portion of Client Portal, securely storing their payment information for future use.
To learn more about storing payment information, click here.
Clients can make payments in the Client Portal using Studio Designer's built-in payment integration. Once you've linked your preferred payment method to your Studio Designer account, you can grant or restrict the ability to pay either by ACH or credit card as you see fit in the client's profile found in Settings > Clients > (select client) > Payment.
Once the client enters the amount they intend to pay, they can select a valid payment method and either enter their credit card details or be redirected to their bank's page for ACH.
Client are able to securely store their payment information for fast, convenient payments in the Client Profile section.