Instructions for refunding or voiding a transaction on the Payment History page.Jump to:
- Step 1: Locate the Transaction
- Step 2: Select the Refund Option
- Step 3: Enter the Refund Amount
All previous transactions are listed on the Payment History from the StudioPay Dashboard. Follow these steps to refund or void a transaction.
Step 1: Locate the Transaction
Find the relevant payment you would like refunded on the Payment History page:
- Go to the Payments tab > Payment History on the left navigation bar.
- Locate the relevant transaction or enter the search details (ex. Transaction ID or cardholder’s name) in the search bar to pull up the payment you want to refund.
- Click on the transaction.
Step 2: Select the Refund Option
- Once the transaction is selected, you will be redirected to the payment's profile page.
- Click Refund to refund the payment.
Void or Cancel a Payment
If the transaction status is Approved, follow the same steps to void or cancel the payment.
Tip: Void transactions differ from Refunds.
- A Void transaction is a transaction that is canceled before the money is transferred from the customer's debit or credit card company to the merchant.
- A Refund is issued after a transaction has been settled and the customer has paid for the good or service.
Step 3: Enter the Refund Amount
- Once the refund icon is selected, a popup will appear with the refund amount.
- By default, the entire original payment amount will populate in the field. Enter an amount less than the original transaction to issue a partial refund.
- Click Refund to complete the process.
Once a refund is submitted, a corresponding refund transaction with a unique Transaction ID (TXN ID) and a refund profile page will be created along with the payment's original profile.
Click on the Related Transactions tab on the refund's profile page to view the payment’s original profile.