This help article will help walk you through creating new rooms for your projects.
To access this section, do the following:
Step 1: Go to Settings and scroll down to the Items/Products section.
Step 2: Next click on Rooms.
Step 3: This will lead you to the Rooms page.
If you would like to add a new room, do the following:
Step 1: Click on + New Room towards the upper right-hand corner of the page.
Step 2: On the New Room page, input the name of the room list. To ensure that this new room list appears in the system, make sure to check the Active box.
Step 3: Once everything is set click on Save or Save & New.
Step 4: When you go back to the Room page, your newly added room will appear.
The reference list below describes each section and what should be populated there:
1. Room List - The name of the room list that this room is related to.
2. Room - The name you want to use to refer to this room. This can be a number or a name. For example 001 or Living Room. Keep in mind that items in projects sort by this room name.
3. Description - The description of the room that will appear on proposals and invoices.
4. Sidemark - Sidemarks are automatically generated for orders. The sidemark contains 4 parts, your company / client / room / item. The sidemark entered here automatically fills in the room portion of the sidemark. Example: “LIVING ROOM”
5. Quantity - This is a descriptor to indicate how many of these rooms are in a building. For example, how many rooms are in a hotel.
6. Pinterest - You can link images to this room from a Board on Pinterest. Enter the URL of the Board on Pinterest. When clients view their Client Portal or Interactive Proposals they will be able to link to this Board on Pinterest.
7. Active – This will ensure that this new room appears in the system.
8. Exclude From Budget - This will suppress items within this room from printing on reports when "Exclude From Budget" is selected in Rooms.
9. Copy Room To Description - If this is checked, the room will automatically copy to the description.
10. Copy Room To Sidemark - If this is checked, the room will automatically copy to the sidemark.