The purpose of the My Employees screen is to give you an overview of how many employees are in your system and allow account Administrators to edit individual employee permissions.
Add a New Employee
Click Settings > My Employees, then click +New Employee in the top right-hand corner.
The Employee Details page has three tabs:
- Employee: enter basic information about this employee
- Permissions: set permissions for your employee
- History: view changes to the employee's profile
In the Employee tab you can set specific information about each employee in your system. Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.
Note: When filling out Employee Name, make sure not to use any special characters (ex: @!%,&*) in this field. Inserting these characters can cause issues when sharing documents under this employee profile and an error stating "could not parse email address" may be displayed.
Note: The USER ID property is very important. If this employee is a User in the system (has his or her own login), this will be populated with the Employee’s User Name. Otherwise, this can be left blank.
The Permissions tab can grant or deny employees access to specific areas or data points in your system.
They are separated into five sections:
- Access to Pages: will either show or hide specifically selected pages in Studio Designer
- Access to Reports: will either show or hide specific reports in Studio Designer
- Actions: will either prevent or allow employees from performing specific actions in Studio Designer
- Individual Permissions: will allow additional actions and information in very specific parts of Studio Designer
- Restrictions: Will not display the client cost on activity records to the selected employee
For more information on permissions, click here.
The History tab details all profile (not permissions) changes made to an existing employee's profile.