Initial Setup for Accountants to personalize how Studio Designer works for you.
Setup Topics for Accountants
Setting up and customizing these default settings will personalize how Studio Designer works for you, saving you and your employees time, and helping to ensure some of the following:
- Clients, Items and Activities are taxed correctly;
- Income and Expenses post to the correct accounts;
- Client and Vendor deposits default correctly;
- Employee 'Activities' get properly categorized and billed;
The 'Settings' menu contains access to the 'Accounting' sub-menus to adjust these defaults.
- Studio Designer is preinstalled with standard information in most of the Settings.
- You can often add to or edit these settings within individual records as needed.
- You can also come back and update these fields at any time.
Click on any of the terms below for more detail.
- Add 'Tax Locations' to Studio Designer to ensure correct sales tax rates are being charged within your taxing area.
- 'Tax Location' will be required for each client.
- Default 'Tax Location' to populate new Clients can be set in 'Settings->My Company->Codes'
- Add to or modify our default Chart of Accounts to fit your unique accounting requirements.
- Sales Codes are assigned to each item and define where income and expenses are posted and how the item is taxed. The Chart of Accounts should be set up first.
Setup frequently used "Other Costs" for things like freight, delivery, rush charges, etc.
Add to or modify our default list of activities used for time billing and calendar entries.
Payment terms are assigned to each client and vendor to define required deposits, due dates, and final invoicing options.
Follow our accounting conversion guides to enter your beginning balances and setup outstanding client and vendor balances. This does NOT need to be completed before using Studio Designer.
- Learning Center contains a large number of videos and tutorials about accounting. Click HERE to see options.
- Our consultants can help you setup defaults, review your financial statements, and enter beginning accounting balances. Click HERE to setup a request.
Note: When you're ready to start thinking about customizing and setting up more defaults to make more happen automatically, move on to Advanced Topics for Accountants.