Important setup topics to review for Administrators of Studio Designer.
Setting up and customizing these fields will personalize how Studio Designer works for you, save you and your employees time, and help ensure some of the following:
- Your company name, address, logo, disclaimers, terms, etc. print on all of your forms;
- Employees have the necessary access to perform their daily duties;
- Clients, vendors and other contacts are set up by the time your employees are ready to start entering info. This can be a major time and frustration saver.
The 'Settings' menu contains access to the 'Administrator' sub-menus to adjust these defaults.
- Studio Designer is preinstalled with standard information in most of the Settings.
- You can often add to or edit these settings within individual records as needed.
- You can also come back and update these fields at any time
Click on any of the terms below for more detail.
- Enter your company address, email, phone, etc. to be shown on forms such as proposals, orders, invoices, and statements.
- Import your logo and/or footer that will show on proposals, orders, invoices, statements and in Client Presentations.
- Setup employees, define permissions, and rates.
- Information on importing clients, vendors, etc. via CSV file.
- Enter client, vendor contact or miscellaneous addresses manually.
- Add contacts to your address records.
- The 'Ship Via' section in settings is a listing of various shipping methods that can be assigned to items. You can add to or modify our default list.
- Set company-wide defaults for a variety of options, including address defaults, markup, deposits, terms, tax locations, etc.
- Set company time zone in order to keep dates and times properly synced.
- Includes a number default settings such as:
- CC'd copies of emails;
- Set defaults for form names, image sizes; form labels
- What information to print or not print on Proposals & Invoices;
- Setup the messages such as terms or disclaimers that you want to automatically print at the bottom of your forms and documents.
- Add default email text and signatures for various forms as well as the Client Portal.
IMPORTANT BROWSER SETTINGS:
- Steps to insure that reports are able to open correctly and that places requiring pop-ups are allowed to open.
- Add or remove additional users.
Note: When you're ready to start thinking about customizing and setting up more defaults to make more happen automatically, move on to Advanced Topics for Accountants.