Custom reports can be shared with specific individuals or entire teams; you can assign access to the custom report with permissions as well. To share a custom report, follow the steps below.
Sharing Reports by Employee
- Click on Reports, then click Custom Reports tab at the top
- Open the custom report you want to share and click Edit Report
- Clicking the magnifying glass next to the Share With field will provide you with a list of your team in a new window; here you can:
- Select a single individual by clicking Select
- Select multiple individuals by checking the boxes, then click Select in the top right corner
- Select All by checking the very first box, then click Select in the top right corner
- On the Edit Report page, you will now be able to see the individuals you selected and right above the share menu; click Save when you are done
Employees will now be able to access the shared custom reports by clicking on Reports > Custom Reports.
Tip: For a quick add, you can use the field next to the magnifying glass to enter the employee's email address and, then click Save.
Sharing By Permission
You can also select a permissions group from the Required Permissions dropdown to restrict access to the report you're working within—this will limit access to the report only to users who have the specified permissions enabled.
For example: If you have created a custom sales tax report, the individual must have the ability to access financial details.
Select from the Required Permissions drop-down menu which permission group needs to access the report, then click Save.
Note: A custom report can only be shared by the owner. The owner is the person who created and/or uploaded the report into Studio Designer. If the owner is no longer with the company, they need to reach out to support to change the owner or create a new copy of the report. Standard reports don't need to be shared because they are public.