Manage your transactions, simplify funds with gross settlement, and provide a seamless payment processing experience for your clients and internal teams all in one place with StudioPay!
- Getting Started
- Navigating the Dashboard
- Managing Payments
- Generating Reports
Managing payments is now easier than ever with StudioPay, our fully-integrated payments platform. Studio Designer supports a number of payment processors, but none of them offer the robust benefits of StudioPay.
These resources will help prepare you to use the platform.
- StudioPay Account Setup - The sign-up process for StudioPay couldn’t be easier – we need some basic information about your business, and you’ll be on the fast track to collecting funds and managing payments directly in Studio Designer!
- StudioPay Funding and Limits - Learn about our funding timelines, processing volumes, and flexible transaction limits.
- StudioPay FAQs - Answers to commonly asked questions about StudioPay.
- Payment Terms and Definitions - New to digital payment processing? Familiarize yourself with common payment terms used in StudioPay and the payments industry.
Navigating the Dashboard
Learn how to navigate StudioPay and some of the platform’s basic functionality. The StudioPay dashboard will provide you with a real-time overview of transaction details, disputes, disbursements and account information.
- StudioPay Dashboard Guide - Explore Dashboard features, including Flagged Transactions, Sales & Refunds calendar, and more.
- Configuring Email Alerts in StudioPay - Stay up to date on Disbursement, Chargebacks, and Transaction statuses with Email Alerts available in the Dashboard.
Tip: In order to take advantage of these features on the dashboard, kick off and conduct the payments through the Client Portal or an Interactive Documents in Studio Designer.
Staying on top of all of your transactions used to be a challenge, but with StudioPay, you can easily track customer payments on the Withdrawals page. From there, it's easy to document and reconcile transactions in Studio Designer.
- Reconciling a Disbursement in StudioPay - Review and audit for any irregularities by reviewing your reconciliation details and disbursement totals, including Credits, Debits, Amount Disbursed, and more.
- Recording Payments made through Payment Processors - Track payments and fees from StudioPay and record them in Money In and Money Out.
Refunds, Disputes, and Payment Returns
If a customer disputes a charge, you’ll want to review and respond to their dispute appropriately. The articles below will help guide you through disputed transactions.
- Understanding Dispute Cycles - Three distinct cycles can occur within a dispute — Retrieval, First Chargeback, and Pre-Arbitration/Second Chargeback. Learn about actions required within these cycles and potential outcomes.
- Responding to Disputes - If a client initiates a Retrieval or a First Chargeback, the Dispute section will display the details and a Response Due Date for you to submit a response.
- Chargeback Best Practices and Requirements - This article provides best practices for handling and responding to chargebacks, including required information and documentation.
- Payment Returns in StudioPay - Track all of your ACH returns along with their corresponding details from the Payment Returns page.
- Refund or Void a Transaction in StudioPay - This article provides instructions for refunding or voiding a transaction on the Payment History page.
StudioPay automatically compiles data related to your sales, disputes, transactions, and more. Understand the different reports available to you and how to access them.
- StudioPay Reports - An overview of the different reporting options — Company, Company Transaction, and Dispute Transaction reports that can be generated in the Dashboard.
- Profit & Loss Statement Report - Use this Company report to view data related to your company’s income and expenses.
- Balance Details Report - Use this Company report for an overview of your Processed and Pending Income, Expenses, and Net Income.
- Company Transaction Reports - Use these reports to view your disbursement breakdown, transaction volume, and details.
- Dispute Transaction Reports - Drill down to identify the cause of the disputes by viewing the Disputes Report and Dispute Details Report.
Note: Currently, StudioPay Reports do not sync back to Studio Designer Reports. As we plan to improve this process, utilize the Studio Designer Reports for all transactions outside of StudioPay.